Thursday, March 1, 2018

Welcome to my Blog!

Hey everyone, my name is Hayden Sasse and I'm in 12th grade at Cypress Bay High School in Weston, Florida. I created this blog to show the process of me and my partner, Farjad Tambey, making our two minute film opening from start to finish. As of now, my partner and I don't have a specific idea that we've decided on yet, but we both want to make the opening have to do with sports since both of us are involved in them.

One of my favorite sports movies is "The Blind Side"(2009), directed by John Lee Hancock, and I would like the film opening that we create to try and imitate the intimate feeling the audience has with the main character. Another aspect of this movie that I think that we should include is either a "rise to stardom" or a "comeback story" element as it could add to the intimacy we want to the audience to feel when watching the opening, just like in "The Blind Side." However, "The Blind Side" isn't the only movie that I want to take inspiration from. "The Pursuit of Happyness"(2004), directed by Gabriele Muccino, also has that intimate factor to it, where the audience is vested in the characters throughout the ups and downs.

Tomorrow I'm going to figure out a story for the movie and then see if I can think of a film opening for it.

Citations

The Pursuit Of Happyness. (n.d.). Retrieved March 02, 2018, from http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thepursuitofhappyness/

The Blind Side: Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, Quinton Aaron, Lily Collins: Amazon Digital Services LLC. (n.d.). Retrieved March 02, 2018, from https://www.amazon.com/Blind-Side-The-Tim-Mcgraw/dp/B0036BK6MW


No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

This is the final version of my CCR You can view it on Google Drive here and on YouTube here