Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Editing the Film Opening




Ok so we just finished editing the film opening last night and I think that it looks pretty good. Farjad and I edited exclusively on iMovie and it turned out better than I expected. I really thought that iMovie wouldn't have all the necessary options we would need to edit the film opening in the way that we wanted to. iMovie had a nice selection of transitions and title screens that I was able to use during the film opening to display things like he names of us, our actor, and our made-up production company called "Roulette Productions." Another thing that iMovie had that I did not expect was there very own sound effect bank. I expecting to have to search around he internet trying to find the right sound effects to import to iMovie to use in the film opening. Luckily, I was able to find all the sound effects I needed in their sound effect bank. There, I was able to find things like the heartbeat and footsteps sound effects and I was also able to speed up or slow down the tempo to match what I wanted in the film. There was one problem that I faced with iMovie though. When I first started editing the film opening and tried to save it, iMovie would just crash every single time. This worried me at first because I thought that I had lost my whole film and would have to find another editing software to use. However, after searching for solutions to fix this on the internet, I found out that all I needed to do was to update iMovie. Also, my project would be saved after iMovie updated so I didn't lose anything in the process. The next thing I'm going to do is finish the script for my CCR and film it and then edit it. After that, I should be finished with the entire portfolio project and upload it either Friday or Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

This is the final version of my CCR You can view it on Google Drive here and on YouTube here