Saturday, March 31, 2018

Difficulty of Some Shots

Alright, so we finished the rest of filming for the scene of our main protagonist running and then getting injured on the track. Overall, I think that all the shots that we have are pretty good. Farjad and I decided on a new shot of the injury instead of the long shot, which I think helps the viewers to connect with our main character. However, some of our shots required us to get close to the main protagonist while he was running, while trying to keep the camera as stable as possible. Naturally this was extremely hard to do because when you move quickly, the camera will always shake.

The shaking effect was probably the worst with the shot of our main protagonist running at the camera. First, I had to tell our actor to run, but as slowly as possible because I would be backpedalling in front of him. Farjad and I took turns trying to find the best way to take this shot, and one of the methods that Farjad thought might work was if we held the camera in front of our actor's face and ran beside him. This turned out to be worse than the backpedalling method, as not only was it more shaky, but when we were running the camera would start to tilt to the side, ruining the shot. As of now, we're using the backpedalling method for this shot , but later on we might want to figure out another way to get this, maybe by filming while on a bike or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

This is the final version of my CCR You can view it on Google Drive here and on YouTube here