Sunday, March 18, 2018

New Ideas from Classmates

On Friday, my teacher put us in groups to get feedback on our projects so far. My group members gave me some pretty good ideas and I think that I'm going to incorporate them in the film opening. All of their suggestions I think will help the film opening to become more enticing to the audience, but there were two that really stood out to me.

The first suggestion was to not show the shot of the main protagonist getting injured, and instead show an extreme long shot of a silhouette of the protagonist getting injured and falling down. I like this suggestion as it adds to the mystery of what the injury actually is how severe it's going to be. It ties in with the what the sports TV show talks about too because the hosts are going to be discussing what might be be the cause and the severity of the injury. Also, I'm going to have to update the storyboard to show the new shot of the main protagonist getting injured.

The second suggestion was to have some diegetic sound when the main protagonist is practicing during the flashback. I think that it would be cool to have the noise of footsteps running on the track, engine noises from cars in the distance, heavy breathing from the runner, and more. I also thought that maybe including like a heartbeat sound effect that is mixed in with the diegetic sound playing while he practices.

Overall, these two suggestions could really help the project improve and I don't think that they would be that bard to include when filming and editing the opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

This is the final version of my CCR You can view it on Google Drive here and on YouTube here