Sunday, March 11, 2018

More Info on the Faux Sports TV Show Idea

In my previous post I talked about how Farjad and I wanted to change the sports radio broadcast portion in our original outline of the opening to a sports TV show instead. I really like this idea because I actually think that it'll be easier to make than the radio broadcast. I was imagining that the TV show would be set up to model sports news shows like "First Take" and "SportsCenter." I think that this would be a better idea than the sports radio broadcast because it would reinforce the audience's thought that the main protagonist was an amazing athlete and one of the top recruits in the whole nation. Also, I feel more people want to watch sports TV shows than listen to sports radio broadcasts, so that means the audience may connect more with the film opening when it has a sports TV show, which is beneficial to our opening's success.

I know someone who has a green screen room in their house and if they let me use it for our film opening I really don't think that it would be too hard to make a fake sports TV show since the only that's needed is a table and a couple of actors to play the role of the hosts. To me, the hardest part would probably be making the graphics that describe the main protagonist's accomplishments because I have no experience in making them before. However, I doubt that making the graphics would actually be that hard because I'm pretty sure that I could make them in most editing softwares.


"SportsCenter"
"First Take"














  1. McCarthy, M. (2016, December 15). Stephen A. Smith opens up on Skip Bayless, new-look 'First Take' and why he yells. Retrieved March 11, 2018, from http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sports/news/stephen-a-smith-max-kellerman-interview-first-take-espn2-espn-undisputed-fs1-skip-bayless/12m8vfse87d0k1qw8d0ipo16ba
  2. Cheredar, T. (2013, January 23). Ooyala's new Twitter Card support turns your Twitter feed into ESPN SportsCenter. Retrieved March 11, 2018, from https://venturebeat.com/2013/01/23/espn-ooyala-twitter-card-api/

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

This is the final version of my CCR You can view it on Google Drive here and on YouTube here